Community Capacity Support and Development
1.Community Development Policy and Community Mobilization and Groups Development.
- Spearhead formulation, review and implementation of policies.
- Bills on Social Development/ community development (CD).
- Development and implementation of a national plan of action on the community development policy.
- Development and dissemination of the Community Groups Registration Bill Develop regulation for the implementation of the Community Groups Registration Act.
- Community mobilization, group development and registration.
- Capacity building and empowerment of communities for social economic development.
- Establishment and maintenance/update community development management information system (CDMIS).
- Documentation and dissemination of best practices and innovations on community development initiatives and projects.
- Promotion and support the application of participatory approaches in community development.
- Promote indigenous knowledge on community development practice to enhance ownership and sustainability of interventions.
- Promote the establishment and provide oversight to the Community Development Practitioners Professional Body.
- Promotion of income generating activities for group development and sustainability.
- Provide oversight to donor funded community development programmes e.g. IFAD.
- Group conflict management and resolution.
- Spearhead the formulation, review and dissemination of the social development policies.
- Develop a national plan of action on the social development policy.
- Promote the development of regulations for the implementation of the Social Development Act.
2.Support for the implementation of Social Protection programmes.
- Liaison to Cash Transfer and Social Protection Secretariat.
- Promotion and capacity building of BWC.
- Spearhead development and support of social protection complimentary activities Vulnerable groups.
3.Volunteerism & Disaster Preparedness.
- Provide Secretariat for coordination, promotion, implementation and monitoring of volunteerism.
- Establish and maintain a database on VIOs and volunteerism programmes.
- Development of standard national guidelines on volunteerism.
- Promote peace building and cohesion through volunteerism in the community.
- Liaison with VIOs and promote Partnership strengthening.