Family Promotion and Social Welfare
The Family Promotion and Social Welfare section has two mandates namely:
1. Older Persons and Ageing Programme which;
- Coordinate development, review and implementation of National Policy on Older Persons and Ageing.
- Promote the National Guidelines and Standards for the establishment and management of institutions for Older Persons.
- Promote intergenerational programmes in educational institutions and communities.
- Promote family and community based care to ensure that older persons remain in their homes and within their communities.
- Promote development and implementation of guidelines on management of elder abuse.
- Promote active ageing and volunteerism for older persons.
- Promote development exit strategy or post cash transfer management strategy for beneficiaries of OPCT programme.
2. Family Promotion and Protection Programme which;
- Coordinate development, review and implementation of National Family Promotion and Protection Policy.
- Promote the development of Social workers Bill.
- Promote development recovery and re-integration strategy to cushion families from shocks during emergencies and disasters situation.
- Provision of psycho-social support, linkages and referrals under distress.
- Collaborate with relevant agencies in provision of alternative family care support services.
- Promote family enrichment activities in partnership with FBOs.
- Promote establishment and management of Family Resource Centres.
- Promote sustainable livelihood support activities.
- Promotion and awareness creation of matrimonial and succession laws.