Persons with Disabilities
It has two divisions namely:
1. Protection and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities division which has the following functions;
- Spearhead development and review of Polices and Bills in relation to persons with disabilities.
- Awareness creation on Disability and mainstreaming.
- Spearhead development and dissemination of a national strategy on disability mainstreamin.
- Mobilization and empowerment of PWDs for social-economic activities.
- Development and maintenance of databank of PWD and institutions.
- Liaison to agencies offering support to PWD e.g. NCPWD, NFD.
- Develop exit strategy for families with PWDs in CT programme in collaboration with SAU.
- Collaboration with organizations of and for persons with disabilities.
- Liaison and collaboration with UN agencies offering support to persons with disabilities; and
2. Vocational Rehabilitation Training division which has the following functions
- Oversee skills training of PWDs in the VRCs.
- Promote development of infrastructure to suit needs of PWDs.
- Spearhead development and review curriculum of VRC.
- Rehabilitation and re integration PWDs.
- Promote entrepreneurship development and empowerment of VRC graduates (provision of start -up tool kits).
- Promote development of Community based rehabilitation and placement.