- The 2023 Kenya Social Protection Conference
- Data Centre Pre-Bid and Site Visit Minutes
- Government Releases Kshs 8.6 Billion for the Inua Jamii Cash Transfer and NICHE Complimentary Programmes
- Request for Bids- Information Systems (RFB No: KE-NSPS-279055-NC-RFB)
- World Children’s Day 2022
- Nominations for Volunteer Of the Year Awards (VOYA) 2022.
- The Children Act 2022
- Concluding observations of Kenya’s ACRWC reports
- Assessment of the National Response to Child Online Sexual Exploitation in Kenya
- Terms of Reference (ToR) For Selection of the 3rd Party Quality Assurance (QA) Firm – Phase 2, Under the “Enhanced Single Registry”
- The National Care Reform Strategy for Children in Kenya (2022- 2032)
Government to Streamline Inua Jamii Cash Transfer Programme
By Odhiambo Omondi
The Inua Jamii cash transfer programme will be streamlined in order to increase coverage and accountability, Social Security and Protection Principal Secretary Joseph Motari has said.
Motari said this was in line with the Kenya Kwanza Manifesto that seeks to improve the lot of vulnerable senior citizens and persons with disabilities.
Speaking in Kajiado during the monitoring of payments for July-August 2022 and September-October 2022 payment cycles to Inua Jamii beneficiaries, Motari assured the beneficiaries of timely and efficient payments noting that the delayed payment of the two payment cycles was occasioned by the transition from the previous administration to the Kenya Kwanza Government.
“We wish to assure the beneficiaries of the Inua Jamii programme that the government will disburse their money at the appropriate time to cushion the vulnerable and elderly persons in the society against poverty,” said Motari. Read More
Our Key Services
State Department for Social Protection Events’ Calendar
WORLD CHILDREN'S DAY 2022 THEME: Equality and Inclusion VENUE: Kenyatta International Convention Centre
COSP15: Side Event The Kenyan Journey towards sustainable livelihoods for persons with disabilities post COVID-19
Date: Wednesday 15 June 2022 Nairobi time: 3:15pm New York time: 8:15am Sign up: https://bit.ly/COSP15KENYA #COSP15 #DisabilityInclusion #CRPD